Monday 1 September 2014

Myth & Moor: Trusting the gift, trusting the way

"Embracing Change

I would embrace change gladly
if the damned thing would stand still
long enough for me to wrap my arms
around its eely body. If its snaky locks
would stop giving me the Medusa stare.
If it did not smell like death, like an old boot,
like Brussel sprouts in the overnight pan.
If its touch wasn't ice, shards in my heart,
when I am looking for a dram of warm comfort.

Oh, I would embrace change, if it didn't mean
you dying, the children growing up and away,
girlfriends talking behind my back, 
editors moving west or starting a boutique,
friends marrying the wrong women, 
that kind of change.

I'm looking to embrace upward mobility,
saving the whales, a chance at a big grant,
banning fracking, delivering the death blow
to the Tea Party, a smart funny man in my bed.
Though not you. Never you again. Even I
know an un-embraceable fantasy when I write it.

©2013 Jane Yolen all rights reserved


http://windling.typepad.com/blog/2013/12/trusting-the-gift.html



Cell tower and other microwave radiation concerns:





YOU HAVE REACHED WOOH'S STREAM
The Internet User's Best Kept Secret

Sketches from scratches is a provocative blogspot that has grown out of the Wuh Lax experience. It is eclectic, which means that it might consider just about anything from the simple to the extremely difficult. A scratch can be something that is troubling me or a short line on paper. From a scratch comes a verbal sketch or image sketch of the issue or subject. Other sites have other stuff that should really be of interest to the broad reader. I try to develop themes, but variety often comes before depth. ... more!