Monday 24 March 2008

Introduction to Wim and Wooh

A SAMPLE OF PAGES


Welcome to Wooooooh's Stream
I began Wooh's blogspot in November 2007 during a coffee break from my painting and sketching. Since then I have prepared over 200 blog pages, and blogging, the daily writing that I do, covers a broad range of topics. Over several years, I have established myself as a struggling author of books for all ages. My pen name is AW Lake, and my friends call me Arthur, or Art.
More...

How to Make This Blogspot Your Home Page
These instructions are for Microsoft Internet Explorer users. First load the Control Panel using the menu item on your 'Start Menu.' Find the 'Internet Options' icon. In the top entry box type in: http://woohs.blogspot.com . Save the results. That's all that you probably have to do.
More...

The World of the Coffee Breaks and Books
The most wonderful thing about America, for me, at least, is the association of coffee with relaxing, reading books, and of absorbing books with learning. When I first lived in Washington, DC, it took me a while to get over the culture shock of the American way of packaging and presenting food.
More...

Burt's World of Delicious Dark Chocolat
In an earlier blog, I was praising the moments when one sat quietly with a mug of coffee and a book. A reader quite rightly pulled me up on this saying that I had omitted to mention the additional pleasure one can get by adding dark bitter sweet chocolate.
More...

Snowed in like Many People in North America
In case you had not noticed, it snowed again! Most people don't like the snow, but as part Canadian, I would be strange if I did not like the snow.
More...

The Canadian Identity - Does One Exist?
Canadians often ask the question whether or not a Canadian identity exists. Having lived in Quebec for almost a decade as I was growing up. Having lived also in Ontario for many years. Having lived in the UK for many years. And, having lived in United States for many years, I think that I am fairly qualified to answer this question looking at it from many points of view.

Au Canada, l'idéal est que des personnes soient capables de parler les deux langues couramment. Je suis coupable de pouvoir parler couramment une seule langue (anglais), et les autres langues moins couramment (français). Ce n'est pas parce que je n'ai pas essayé de parler français. J'ai vécu au Québec pendant une bonne partie de ma vie, et pendant que j'étais là, je parle français la plupart du temps. C'est avec regret que j'ai quitté le Québec après avoir obtenu son diplôme de l'Université McGill, mais l'impact du Québec sur ma façon de penser est incomparable, même aujourd'hui.
More...

Little Boy Big Dog
Little boy is three years old. Big dog is three years old, a loving golden lab. No one around! Little boy wants to get from garage to living room, but big dog is in the kitchen and the kitchen is in front of the living room. Little boy has to pass big dog if little boy wishes to arrive in living room!
More...

YOU HAVE REACHED WOOH'S STREAM
The Internet User's Best Kept Secret

Sketches from scratches is a provocative blogspot that has grown out of the Wuh Lax experience. It is eclectic, which means that it might consider just about anything from the simple to the extremely difficult. A scratch can be something that is troubling me or a short line on paper. From a scratch comes a verbal sketch or image sketch of the issue or subject. Other sites have other stuff that should really be of interest to the broad reader. I try to develop themes, but variety often comes before depth. ... more!