Monday 9 August 2010

The Summer of 2010 Is Wrecking Golf Courses | Golf Journal by John Paul Newport - WSJ.com

Golfers get concerned when they see their grass browned off. It's strange that in the UK, I walked across a coastal golf course and could see the original turf drying up, browning off, and splitting apart. That does not seem to be the case in Ontario, and I recently found five balls at the Kincardine course before I had reached the club house! Mind you my shoes collected a chunk of muck from the creek and my legs hard to work hard to climb the banks of the ravine. In the end, I surprised a local player with a handful of balls properly cleaned. I had tried to hand them out to some lady players only to hear the words, "Eeek, they look yucky!" This started me thinking why some were better a business. They don't mind the free yuck on occasion.

If you think your course is drying up read this blurb:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704017904575409411501359450.html


Will ye no think kindly on those who would be your friends! May the sun shine with your thoughts, today, and happiness grow in your heart! May you allow yourself some peace of mind.

YOU HAVE REACHED WOOH'S STREAM
The Internet User's Best Kept Secret

Sketches from scratches is a provocative blogspot that has grown out of the Wuh Lax experience. It is eclectic, which means that it might consider just about anything from the simple to the extremely difficult. A scratch can be something that is troubling me or a short line on paper. From a scratch comes a verbal sketch or image sketch of the issue or subject. Other sites have other stuff that should really be of interest to the broad reader. I try to develop themes, but variety often comes before depth. ... more!