Monday 9 August 2010

The Internet remembers everything

There is nothing quite so scary as the thought that one might be called to task about something one has written that has acquired a new life on the Internet.   I'm not so frightened about my own words or whether I appear silly.  I both write and paint.  My fears often get translated into images that are difficult to interpret.  My handwriting tells me how I am doing psychologically so a few sentences in longhand allow me to interpret stuff that is very deep.  I can also review my colour preferences to see where my health issues are going.  Hair analysis tells me what new allergies are appearing in my system.  A walk tells me whether I am healthy, and a visit to the dentist says a lot about my gums.  So why not write a lot and get feedback from the Internet which will tell me how I fit into this new world of communicating ideas and feelings and interpreting many of the information streams coming at us.  Well, the following article might illuminate some of the pitfalls for the unwary writer, blogger, Twitter, or Facebook contributor!

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/25/magazine/25privacy-t2.html?ref=magazine&pagewanted=print

(via Instapaper)

Will ye no think kindly on those who would be your friends!  May the sun shine with your thoughts, today, and happiness grow in your heart! May you allow yourself some peace of mind.

YOU HAVE REACHED WOOH'S STREAM
The Internet User's Best Kept Secret

Sketches from scratches is a provocative blogspot that has grown out of the Wuh Lax experience. It is eclectic, which means that it might consider just about anything from the simple to the extremely difficult. A scratch can be something that is troubling me or a short line on paper. From a scratch comes a verbal sketch or image sketch of the issue or subject. Other sites have other stuff that should really be of interest to the broad reader. I try to develop themes, but variety often comes before depth. ... more!