Saturday 14 August 2010

The City of Lambton Shores, well a Municipality at Least

Now I know that Lambton Shores City has a Council, it is all very confusing because the city apparently has zones and people are squared or rectangled into those zones. Very Romanesque and a good way to get rectangles onto what is a curve. Yes, the Grand Bend is a curved lakeshore.

Have you ever wondered why you can't get from one end of town to the other, well it is all down to the curve making the shore road the shortest distance between two points? Just imagine the one place in Ontario that can't be made into a rectangle or straight line.

Even if the village wanted a bypass, it is not ever ever feasible. Grand Bend should be called Grand Bottleneck because the road hugs the shoreline and there is sometimes no way to get through town without a very long wait. That is why people avoid the village like the plague unless they are aimed directly at the beach, which has another monster bottleneck. Bottlenecks in two directions are why Grand Bend is a not even a village, but is an imaginary location with a name. It's been reduced to a shoreline with a bottleneck without ever having anynchance of economic development or growth because is is the grand bottleneck of Ontario being located on a curve that is the shortest distance around a lake. Get it! Well it took me some time to figure out that putting a city on a shore line is just about the craziest thing that I ever heard.

Why? Why?

I am not yet informed as to why it has to have a name like Lambton Shores, and no one that I have known up until now has ever talked about about Lambton Shores, the City. Yes, there is a population sign at the North edge of Grand Bend that shows how many people there are living in Lambton Shores, but as a newbee, buzz buzz, to the city, I had no idea what that implied. It's a real learning experience.

You can read all about our Sewerage meeting if you wish and about the CFGG group. It is also a learning experience for me. I am for citizenship, goodness, and good governance so the name appeals. It also appeals because it suggests what my former employer and organization tried to establish worldwide.

So in the interest of openness I point you to reading material of people who should be better informed than myself, for at least the know people's names and have made many friends and I guess faced competitors. Here is some reporting by a local writer with a better imagination than my own it seems to me....

The meeting about the new sewerage system project:
http://lakeshoreadvance.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2708065

Another different city writer describes the CFGG ....

The information about Citizens for Good Governance:
http://www.lakeshoreadvance.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2668140

I found another city writer, and this time a blog by John DeHondt, who must be a well informed individual since he is in apposition to answer questions about the volleyball controversy...

http://johndehondt.wordpress.com/category/uncategorized/

So much controversy going on in this small city. Wow! I am indeed impressed.

Everyone that I have met in Grand Bend is so very nice. A few are shy, and a few probably think that I am very strange, even before they start talking to me, saying hi, or how do you do. That's Canadians for you, very friendly, very honest, and very caring.

Will ye no think kindly on those who would be your friends! May the sun shine with your thoughts, today, and happiness grow in your heart! May you allow yourself some peace of mind.

YOU HAVE REACHED WOOH'S STREAM
The Internet User's Best Kept Secret

Sketches from scratches is a provocative blogspot that has grown out of the Wuh Lax experience. It is eclectic, which means that it might consider just about anything from the simple to the extremely difficult. A scratch can be something that is troubling me or a short line on paper. From a scratch comes a verbal sketch or image sketch of the issue or subject. Other sites have other stuff that should really be of interest to the broad reader. I try to develop themes, but variety often comes before depth. ... more!