Thursday 10 January 2008

Faster than the Speed of Light

If Jay Leno is right, scientists have discovered that light is so fast that it can travel backwards in time.

Oh my! Oh my!

Can that be true?

Is light deciding where to go before it decides where to go. That's like saying human beings make decisions before they make decisions. Can that be true? Do we decide something before we decide something? If we do, then we need to think hard and deep about the process of deciding.

Can it be that both light and our own thought are not governed by what we think of as time, energy and causality? If that is the case, what is the cosmos really like?

Light is Still

Is light moving, or has part of the universe changed direction. Possibly, just possibly, light travelling backward in time shows us something fundamental about our cosmos that we have misunderstood. I think, we have a real problem with the notion that our cosmos is something other than what everyone is telling us. It may be that time is not what we think it to be, nor light, nor matter. What should we think about time, matter, and light? How should we think of them?

If I knew all the answers, I would not be where I am, which is sitting at my desk writing this blog, which you may very well think is not worth the effort of reading. However, I am not deterred by that possibility. It may be that I am on to something when I say that light has no motion. Think about it and the consequences, if I am correct, for science and religion.

YOU HAVE REACHED WOOH'S STREAM
The Internet User's Best Kept Secret

Sketches from scratches is a provocative blogspot that has grown out of the Wuh Lax experience. It is eclectic, which means that it might consider just about anything from the simple to the extremely difficult. A scratch can be something that is troubling me or a short line on paper. From a scratch comes a verbal sketch or image sketch of the issue or subject. Other sites have other stuff that should really be of interest to the broad reader. I try to develop themes, but variety often comes before depth. ... more!