Tuesday 16 September 2014

Henning Mankell on living with cancer: there are days full of darkness | Life and style | The Guardian

Mankell is presently my favourite author... 

"Now in September it is eight months since I was diagnosed with cancer. On a rainy evening when the warm summer is over, I decide it's time to take a closer look at how things stand. Where am I now, with regard to my cancer and my treatment? How have I coped with what has happened? How do I feel? Both in my body and in my emotional awareness – in what some might call my soul.

I have written before about my treatment, about my reactions and, not least, about my great admiration for all the staff I have met at the Sahlgrenska Hospital. Nothing has happened to change my opinions. If I had to be stricken with cancer, I'm pleased it happened in Sweden."

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/sep/16/henning-mankell-wallander-author-cancer-days-of-darkness



Cell tower and other microwave radiation concerns:





YOU HAVE REACHED WOOH'S STREAM
The Internet User's Best Kept Secret

Sketches from scratches is a provocative blogspot that has grown out of the Wuh Lax experience. It is eclectic, which means that it might consider just about anything from the simple to the extremely difficult. A scratch can be something that is troubling me or a short line on paper. From a scratch comes a verbal sketch or image sketch of the issue or subject. Other sites have other stuff that should really be of interest to the broad reader. I try to develop themes, but variety often comes before depth. ... more!