Sunday 15 August 2010

What is left in the Water After sewerage Treatments?

I know that sewerage treatment takes a lot out of water, but is it just harmful bacteria? What is left after processing the water and will it contribute to the Department of the Environment's objective of keeping Ontario's water clean. What is meant by clean. Is it safe for everyone? If my water is causing me problems can I sue the community, sic city, for damages and shortening of my life?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sewage_treatment

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=what+is+the+water+from+sewerage+treatment+like&hl=en&client=safari&prmd=v&source=univ&tbs=vid:1&tbo=u&ei=ByBoTKrFIpH-nAf3t-DCBQ&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CDUQqwQwAw

Personally, when walking along the beach at Grand Bend, I can see algae growing from the bottom up. It is tempting to then say that this is due to man, but I notice that the algae is clustered where I see the Canadian geese land each autumn and spring. The defecation of the geese is contributing to the algae growth and it is obvious from my personal observation, I know that this is true. What should we do about it? Absolutely nothing.

I also see the false ladybugs, sometimes in great abundance.

Science suggests that being too prissy about cleanliness is causing all sorts of allergy issues. Children living on farms kicking about horse and cow manure don't have the same degree of allergy issues. The development and use of harsh chemicals such as chlorines and fluorines contribute to health issues. Showering in chlorinated water is not good, yet that is what the local community exacts from us. At least, while I am in England, I can shower in water coming from a bore hole well on the family farm that has been in existence for half a millennium. I see the difference in the peeling of my skin and possibly scalp dandruff affected possibly by chlorine. Such a problem has to be attended to by the individual. Get a dechlorinating device. Don't be prissy, Arthur, or a pain in the neck!

When I moved to Toronto as a teenager, I was exposed to pollution. It caused acne and other health issues. It is the city, vehicles pumping out toxins, the use of toxic energy sources and synthetics, and it's mores of industries that don't pay for the externalities of their effluent in the air and water that cause pollution issues worthy of note and action, not the geese and certainly not the cottagers and careful village community.

As a youth, I watched dyes flow directly into the Penetangore river from a knitting mill that made socks, day in day out for years and years. All colours!

Will ye no think kindly on those who would be your friends! May the sun shine with your thoughts, today, and happiness grow in your heart! May you allow yourself some peace of mind.

YOU HAVE REACHED WOOH'S STREAM
The Internet User's Best Kept Secret

Sketches from scratches is a provocative blogspot that has grown out of the Wuh Lax experience. It is eclectic, which means that it might consider just about anything from the simple to the extremely difficult. A scratch can be something that is troubling me or a short line on paper. From a scratch comes a verbal sketch or image sketch of the issue or subject. Other sites have other stuff that should really be of interest to the broad reader. I try to develop themes, but variety often comes before depth. ... more!