Friday 11 April 2008

Reviews Of Blogs on Science - SEED scienceblogs.com


NONE OF THESE GUYS ARE PRESENTLY ALIVE
RIBS! OR IS IT 'RIP'S

I am in love, and not only with the creatures of nature. I am in love with good science and good commentary on science. That being, I will occasionally review good science blogs, or places to find good science blogs.

I must say that I am very impressed with the publication SEED as it emerges in issue 15 for April 2008. This is a magazine worth buying and putting on your bookshelf.
It has wonderful imagery, which appeals to me as an artist.

Its ink does not come off onto fingers, which is good for me as I am allergic to inks. In the past, I could not read the Economist magazine because of the lethal inks, for me at least, in the front cover. I have some problem reading the glossy pages because of the reflected light. In this respect The New Sceintist magazine, which also has great imagery, is less aggravating on the eyes. Gloss means reflecting light and is great for a front page, but harder to read over long periods, and I am a voracious reader of science and design.

The articles are decidedly uplifting and enlightening with good coverage.

Lots of liquour ads for those that have this addiction, and cars.

Middle advertising bits that fall out have to be tossed.

To get the best of it on a level table, you need to fold the pages down, which is work, but then you might want to tear the pages out because they are gorgeously coloured and strikingly presented.

If you like a good read of recent developments in science, this magazine should be on your coffee table, for sure. Good work guys. I'm impressed, and the price is very reasonable!

YOU HAVE REACHED WOOH'S STREAM
The Internet User's Best Kept Secret

Sketches from scratches is a provocative blogspot that has grown out of the Wuh Lax experience. It is eclectic, which means that it might consider just about anything from the simple to the extremely difficult. A scratch can be something that is troubling me or a short line on paper. From a scratch comes a verbal sketch or image sketch of the issue or subject. Other sites have other stuff that should really be of interest to the broad reader. I try to develop themes, but variety often comes before depth. ... more!