Monday 10 March 2008

What We Have Here is a Failure to Communicate


So often, we say things that others hear and interpret in entirely different ways from what we intended. So it is with artists that seek to be creative. When artists speak, they often do it through their paintings or pictures. Each viewer interprets the image seen in a different way. Speakers say something, but by the time it reaches the region of understanding, the content has been adjusted by uncious parts of our mind that do things at speeds that would make us shudder. And, they do things behind our back, literally, quickly, and quietly. Such is the processing that goes on in our brains that we are really lucky if we understand anything properly. Ever take classes at university and try to reconstruct a lecture?

I don't think that many of my readers understand what I am actually saying, or as my brother told me they form a view of me that says to themselves that I am a bit of a buffoon and that they know better. That is not what my writing is all about. And, when I say that I want you to think about things and what you read, I am probably saying something that you do not understand in the same way that I do. So let me explain.

I do not have the answers that you seek. You have the answers. The challenge is that although you have the answers, you may not realize that many of them are more directional, than technical. You may be heading in the wrong direction and can not find what you are seeking because you are aiming at the wrong things. In order to gain the best direction for you, it is important to allow your brain to form new thought patterns and awareness's that did not formerly exist.

This is almost impossible without some technique. As a wonderful thinker and the author of the Tertium Organum: A Key to the Enigmas of the World, P. D. Ouspenski would say, a key to creativity and discovery of the miraculous is the process of remembering yourself. If you forget yourself, you become yourself and forget that you are being driven by the many chemicals churning around inside your head that try to deliberately make you forget yourself, namely the habit chemicals, the addictive chemicals, the old ways that are automatic and do not let you understand who you really are and what you are really capable of being.

YOU HAVE REACHED WOOH'S STREAM
The Internet User's Best Kept Secret

Sketches from scratches is a provocative blogspot that has grown out of the Wuh Lax experience. It is eclectic, which means that it might consider just about anything from the simple to the extremely difficult. A scratch can be something that is troubling me or a short line on paper. From a scratch comes a verbal sketch or image sketch of the issue or subject. Other sites have other stuff that should really be of interest to the broad reader. I try to develop themes, but variety often comes before depth. ... more!