Monday 18 February 2008

The Problem with Paradoxes and Coincidences


The problem is that they occur and sometimes coincide. Such was my day. I had been thinking about the pentagon discovered in our universe that some scientists think represents the shape of the forces acting on the microwave background. It would appear that if you leave our universe in a cosmic sense, that you may enter it at the same time. The shape of things is five side and can be conceived in three dimensions, but that is only the start. The dimensions bend themselves around and come back at you in a strange way.

The points I wish to make in this blog are not to discuss the recent discoveries, but to discuss the mathematical coincidence and paradox that has just occured. It would seem that I have been selected to ride a crest of coincidences that I do not understand. You won't either, but here goes.

I was thinking about the large picture and the five sided object because I wanted to illustrate a level of abstraction for the higher organization of the big entity. I swear what happened should not have happened. It would seem that my law of association became operative. Why I do not know. Can you help? Perhaps!

The thing is I was drawing not thinking about mathematics, but my drawing was to conceive of the big everything, which I shall build from the universe. There are many universes that fall into categories of magnaverses and miniverses. These make up the multiverses and all the multiverse make up the omniverse. The College of Light that Wuh attends is located somewhere in the omniverse. Likewise there are pods: unipods, magnapods, minipods, multipods and omnipods. Associated with the universe is a big bang, but there are many big bangs and as I said before many many universes making up the magnaverse and miniverses of the multiverses. Its all very confusing to you perhaps, but makes sense to me! I explain more in my Wuh Lax series of books.

What does a creature of the omniverse look like I asked myself. They exist, but how do you draw one. I am still not sure, and for several hours tried to draw one. I have never seen one though I sense them. Now you think I am being rediculous. Well no more than Zeno, it would appear. I did not know anything about Zeno before an hour ago, but thats the personal mystery. Zeno and I share similar ideas, and these are described in the book by Joseph Mazur entitles 'The Motion Paradox'. I had completely forgotten that I had this book and there is no reason why I should pick it up and start reading it. Some process, perhaps from the College of Light drew me to it and I opened it and started reading it. Let me go back further in time.

Earlier my drawings of the omniverse focused on a five sided figure. I drew one and worked out the angles as being 72 degrees, five adding to 360. But I wanted a three dimensional object so I was playing around with the numbers. If you do, you will find that 72 is divisible by 12 going into 72 exactly 6 times. Now what I had thought would be better would have been a six sided figure, but that is not the way the universe seems to be organized, at least at the microwave background level and what happens to originate from the 'big bang', which I don't think was an event anyways, but that is another story.

My question was how does one get a five sided figure like a cubic. Possibly, our universe is packed tightly together with a host of other universes, or even other 'our universes.' Why five sides. I still don't know, but that has not eliminated six and twelve as we have seen the number 72 can be factored. My preference is for multiples of three. I do not like the metric system very much. Too illogical! Or, is it. We note the five sided figure.

Pressure and number are involved in the resulting five-sided cubics of our universe, or universes. Strange all this. In any event, I must try to close the circle, by saying that I started reading Mazur's book and by page sixteen, I was into a discussion of a pentagon five side figure with 72 degree angles and the like. The cosmic figure that was familiar to the Greeks results in a five pointed star. My earlier questions regarding what the universe may look like are contained in the notion of the mathematics of the cosmic star. I still ask the question, why not six sides, but have a feeling that both five and six are connected to cubic figures density, pressure, mass in a very specific and interesting way.

The coincidence for me was the linking of art, mathematics, science and books into a short time frame. I was surprised that I found page sixteen in Mazur's book and it discussed the very issues I was challenged by in my search for a representaive drawing.

You will recall that I have claimed that light is stationary and everything else is moving. Well Zeno shows that motion is impossible, hense the paradox. We sense that everything is moving, but in reality nothing in our universe moves. As Mazur discusses, the world is either made up of one thing or an infinite number of things.

YOU HAVE REACHED WOOH'S STREAM
The Internet User's Best Kept Secret

Sketches from scratches is a provocative blogspot that has grown out of the Wuh Lax experience. It is eclectic, which means that it might consider just about anything from the simple to the extremely difficult. A scratch can be something that is troubling me or a short line on paper. From a scratch comes a verbal sketch or image sketch of the issue or subject. Other sites have other stuff that should really be of interest to the broad reader. I try to develop themes, but variety often comes before depth. ... more!