Wednesday 19 December 2007

Unruh's Law in a Wuh Lax Universe or Something Deeper

Unruh's Law states that if you are an observer and you are accelerating, then you will see yourself embedded in a gas of hot photons for which the temperature is proportional to the rate at which you are accelerating.

I might be forgiven, since I am not a cosmologist or physicist in wondering whether or not I am in such a universe. When I look around, I see myself surrounded by a 'gas' or relatively 'hot photons'. In fact, I do think that it is the photons from the region of the sun that are keeping me warm.

According to Bill Unruh's law, I could thus be forgiven for thinking that I am an observer and I could be accelerating. I also notice that if I accelerate even faster than the rate at which I am exploding, reminded that the two speeds are potentially, at least, cummulative, I get even warmer. Well, this seems to be the case.

This logic of being warmed by photons arises from the definition that in the Wuh Lax world, we are all exploding while light is standing still. Or, have I missed something? Is light moving relative to us, or are we moving relative to light? How can one tell the difference?

YOU HAVE REACHED WOOH'S STREAM
The Internet User's Best Kept Secret

Sketches from scratches is a provocative blogspot that has grown out of the Wuh Lax experience. It is eclectic, which means that it might consider just about anything from the simple to the extremely difficult. A scratch can be something that is troubling me or a short line on paper. From a scratch comes a verbal sketch or image sketch of the issue or subject. Other sites have other stuff that should really be of interest to the broad reader. I try to develop themes, but variety often comes before depth. ... more!